Caramel Corn I49 Reviews
“This Caramel Corn is great for Monday night football. The assortment of nuts makes it deluxe Caramel Corn. It takes a bit of time, but is more than worth it.” - by Terri McCarrell
Original recipe yields 5 quarts
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to a 4 quart saucepan, and heat over high heat. When oil is hot, add 1/2 cup of popping corn. Keep pan moving constantly. When corn stops popping, remove from heat. Place popped corn in oven to keep warm. Repeat until all corn has been popped. Set aside.
- Melt margarine or butter in a medium saucepan, and then stir in brown sugar, syrup, and salt. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly; boil without stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir baking soda, vanilla, peanuts, pecans, and almonds into brown sugar mixture. Quickly pour nut mixture over warm popcorn, and toss until well coated. Spread on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring well every 15 minutes. Cool on aluminum foil, and store in an air-tight container.
Amount Per Serving (25 total)
- 347 cal
- 20 g
- 40.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (49)Rate This Recipe
"This is a great recipe, but after reading some of the comments about the mess, etc., I have to comment. Having the right tools makes all the difference. I use a large rectangular roasting pan with h..." See moreigh (about 4") sides to do the mixing and a large heavy plastic or wooden spoon. I got my roaster at Goodwill, the kind that used to come with a new kitchen range. Just keep turning the whole glob of popcorn and syrup slowly and it will end up evenly coated. I leave it in the roaster, putting about half of it on a cookie sheet or another roaster (mine has a lid that works well) and put on two racks in the oven. A large plastic dish pan also works well to mix in--just buy a new dish pan and dedicate for this use."
"A lot of work, a lot of mess, but really good. The ony thing I do differently is to stir constantly during the 5 minute boiling period. No way it can boil without scorching for 5 minutes and get to th..." See moree right temp. Just bring to a boil that won't stir down and keep it there for 5 minutes, stirring constantly."
My Amish Friend's Caramel Corn
Caramel Corn III
Just swipe to see more like this.