Shortbread Wheels5 Reviews
“Very pretty chocolate and plain shortbread cookies.” - by Ruth
Original recipe yields 14 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C).
- Sift all but 2 tablespoons of flour into a bowl, then add the sugar. Rub, or cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly. Divide in half. Work in the remaining 2 tablespoons of flour to one half, then the cocoa and ground chocolate to the other half. Knead each portion well with your fingers to form a smooth dough.
- Turn onto a lightly dusted with cornstarch surface, and roll out each portion to 1/4 inch thick circles. Using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut out 7 circles from each piece of rolled out dough. Out of these circles, cut two more circles, one 1 1/4 inch, and one 3/4 inch. Now you should have fourteen 2 1/2 inch rings, fourteen 1 1/2 inch rings and fourteen 3/4 inch circles.
- Construct wheels on greased baking sheets by starting with the largest rings, then alternating the colors to fill in. You should end up with 7 cookies that have a chocolate ring on the outside, a plain ring in the middle and a chocolate circle in the center; and 7 cookies that have a plain ring on the outside, a chocolate ring in the middle and a plain circle in the center.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Leave on sheets for 2 minutes, then remove with a flat knife. Cool completely on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (14 total)
- 114 cal
- 7 g
- 12 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I have made shortbread time and time and time again. With this recipie, I have never had so much trouble. It would not roll out at all - I tried, it crumbled. Picked it back up, and it crumbled yet..." See more again. I even had someone else give this recipie a try and they had the same trouble. I will not make this again."
"This recipe was not the best recipe ever. The taste was okay, I guess. But the dough continued to crumble. I didn't care for this recipe...." See more"
Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.