Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche40 Reviews
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“This delicious symphony of asparagus, portobello mushrooms, crispy bacon and onion will leave your taste buds hungry for more. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.” - by GRITS:Girl Raised In The South
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until evenly brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until translucent. Reduce the heat to medium and add the portobello mushrooms. Continue cooking until the mushrooms are tender. Set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook asparagus in boiling water until just tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Immediately drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Brush the pie shell with the beaten egg white, if using. Place the onion and mushroom mixture, asparagus, and bacon into the bottom of the pie shell. Sprinkle the Cheddar and feta cheeses over the vegetables. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper until smooth. Pour this mixture over the vegetable and cheese filling.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes, or until firm and lightly browned on top. Let cool to room temperature before serving.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 368 cal
- 28.3 g
- 13.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (40)Rate This Recipe
"I used this recipe for a Brunch baby shower. I omitted the bacon. (veggie group) I was a little nervous when I took it out of the oven and started cutting it. It was watery in the center. But once it ..." See morecooled a bit the water absorbed back into the pie. It was so tasty! "
"This was Amazing!! A keeper for sure. I used mozzerella and cheddar instead of feta. My family really enjoyed it and it was gone in no time. Also for a crispier crust I recomend popping the pastry i..." See moren a preheated oven for about 5 mins"
Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
Just swipe to see more like this.