Delicious Whole Wheat Fruitcake Cookies15 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Ready In: 35 min
“This is a very good fruitcake and pretty easy too! Bake as cookies or a cake. The whole wheat flour gives it a nice flavor.” - by Tuula
Original recipe yields 1 9x5 inch loaf or 3 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 5x9 inch loaf pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook together the sugar, water, raisins, butter and salt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sift together the flour, soda, ginger and cinnamon. Stir into the cooled cooked mixture.
- Add the chopped dates, mixed peels, nuts and dried fruit.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or drop by the teaspoon on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 184 cal
- 3.8 g
- 37.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (15)Rate This Recipe
"I did like this as a cookie. I only used raisins, sliced almonds, and diced, dried apricots for the fillers. It is a sweet,chewy cookie that I'm sure is very low fat since it does'nt have any eggs or ..." See moreoil. Be sure to grease your cookie sheet and I suggest rolling the dough with lightly buttered hands to form balls rather than just spooning them onto the cookie sheet."
"This was truly a crowd pleaser. I made mini fruitcakes using three mini loaf pans, and baked for 40 minutes. Great gift idea also, wrapped in holiday plastic saran wrap and tied with ribbon!..." See more"
"Finally a low fat cookie that actually tastes good! I made about 30 medium sized cookies, and added some wheat germ when I ran out of whole wheat flour. I also reduced the sugar to 2/3 cup and the s..." See moreweetness was perfect. Just make sure to watch carefully as they cook, because even if they don't look done on top, they may be burning on the bottom!"
Festive Fruitcake II
Easy Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.