Persimmon Cookies45 Reviews
“This is an old family recipe. We use the Hachiya variety of persimmons. This is a very spicy, very elegant holiday cookie. Pecans can be substituted for walnuts.” - by Ruth
Original recipe yields 4 to 5 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the shortening and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir flour mixture into creamed sugar mixture.
- Stir in the raisins, chopped nuts, 1/4 teaspoon salt and persimmon pulp; mix well.
- Drop by the teaspoonful on greased or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 1045 cal
- 47.1 g
- 151 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"I was a little worried at first because the mixture wasn't creaming. I am so used to adding all of the wet ingredients first, but after I added the pulp, my worries were completely gone. The cookies c..." See moreame out wonderful! This was my first recipe of this kind, and it was a success. Consider this recipe. The flavor and texture are superb!"
"Great cookie! I made it for the first time last weekend for a Super Bowl party. I veganized the recipe first by substituting Earth Balance for the shortening, turbinado sugar for the white sugar, 1 ..." See moreTBS ground flaxseed with 3 TBS water for the egg, and whole wheat flour for the A/P flour. I also drizzled icing over the cookies, after baking: organic powdered sugar dissolved with a small amount of almond milk until thick but not too runny. Put into a small ziploc, cut a tiny hole in a corner and drizzle icing over the cookies. Allow to set before serving. The cookies came out moist, fluffy, and not overly sweet. Everyone was impressed, vegetarian and meat-eaters alike. I'd definitely make these again!"
Orange Drop Cookies II
Just swipe to see more like this.