Twice Baked Potatoes II138 Reviews
“This is a variation on baked potatoes that my parents taught me. If you love your potatoes with lots of sour cream and butter you'll love this one.” - by Cyndi Myers
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour or until soft.
- Cut enough of the skin off the top of each potato to be able to scoop the potato out of the skin and into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter, sour cream, grated cheese and mix together well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the skins with the mix and top with 1/2 slice American cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes just until heated through.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 722 cal
- 45.2 g
- 68 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (138)Rate This Recipe
"These potatoes are great, and so yummy. The only drawback is time, but I cut that by microwaving the potatoes instead of using the oven for the first round of cooking. Soooo good!..." See more"
"These were very good, and my first attempt at twice baked potatoes. I put the potatoes in the microwave for a minute each to cut down on the baking time (it cuts it almost in half, and they still com..." See moree out great in the oven). I also sprinked the outside of the potatoes with water and then rolled them in salt so the skin would come out crispy in the oven. I didn't use the American cheese, instead I used more shredded cheddar. Everyone asked for seconds!"
"These were really good. Hubby's not a big fan of sour cream or cheese, so he missed out, but I certainly enjoyed these. Didn't add the american cheese on top but could certainly use more than 1/4 cup..." See more of cheddar in the mixture. I like mixing in some garlic oil and topping them off with green onions and chopped bacon. Make sure you've got lots of salt and pepper!!"
Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice Baked Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.