Baked Apples with Sweet Potato Stuffing11 Reviews
“These baked apples are stuffed with a sweet potato, pineapple and pecan filling and topped with marshmallows.” - by Beverly
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the candies and water. Stir until candies are dissolved.
- Add the apples and baste frequently until apples begin to soften. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Mix together the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, pineapple and pecans.
- Stuff the cooled apples with the sweet potato mixture. Mound any remaining mixture on top of apples.
- Place in 4 quart casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes; place a marshmallow on each apple, return to oven and cook until marshmallows are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 379 cal
- 3.8 g
- 87 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it! There were 3 (of 10) who said they didn't like apples, but each one loved the dish. The subtle pineapple flavor was a nice suprise that everyone en..." See morejoyed. There was plenty of "stuffing" left over and I added marshmellows to the top of a small casserole dish and that was gobbled up, too! The only changes I may make in the future was to cut wider holes, allowing more stuffing to be in the apple. I used Granny Smith, which were perfect apples to use for this dish. (I also bought a bag of cinnamon hard candies since I couldn't find the "red hots" easily. I melted them in a crock pot with water. This worked wonderfully!)"
"This was the talk of our Thanksgiving meal. No one in my family will eat sweet potatoes except for this recipe!! The family expects them every Thanksgiving now because they look and taste so special!..." See more!"
Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole
Pork Chops with Apples, Onions, and Sweet Potatoes
Just swipe to see more like this.