Steamed Christmas Pudding14 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 3 hr
- Ready In: 3 hr 20 min
“The variations on this are endless because the filling can be any combination of mincemeat, pumpkin and/or cranberry sauce, but here's my favorite combination.” - by Leeza
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Grease one 2-quart lidded pudding mold. Sift together the flour, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, mincemeat, cranberry sauce and pumpkin. Add to flour mixture and mix until smooth; pour into pudding mold.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large pot, over medium heat, and fill 1/2 way up with boiling water. Place the pudding on the rack. Steam for 2 1/2 hours.
- Check the pan occasionally and add more water if needed. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. When firm, place the pudding mold on a rack outside of the water for 10 minutes and unmold.
- Prepare a sauce by blending together the sour cream, cream cheese and confectioners sugar. Spoon dollops over warm pudding and serve.
Amount Per Serving (8 total)
- 489 cal
- 23.4 g
- 65.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (14)Rate This Recipe
"I didn't have self-rising flour so I added 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder and it rose fine. Also, instead of steaming it I baked it at 350° for an hour. It was wonderfully moist and I think the sweetened ..." See morecream sauce is perfect for it."
"I don't usually keep self-rising flour around, so I used regular flour instead and added a teaspoon of baking powder. It turned out just fine. And I used up my leftover canned pumpkin and cranberry..." See more sauce, and the result was really good!"
Steamed Cranberry Pudding
Sister Lemon's Inexpensive Christmas Pudding
Just swipe to see more like this.