Easy Chicken Parmesan41 Reviews
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 30 min
- Ready In: 40 min
“Simple, easy, delicious, and topped with cheese. A must try!” - by Pam Anderson
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large (12-inch) skillet over medium-low heat. Beat egg and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a shallow dish. Mix bread crumbs, basil and pepper in another shallow dish. Dip both sides of each breast in egg mixture, then into bread crumb mixture to coat. Set on a platter.
- Increase heat to medium-high. When oil starts to shimmer, add chicken and saute, until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Pour marinara sauce into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place chicken in dish and top each with a portion of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Bake until cheese completely melts and browns, about 20 minutes.
- Bring 2 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon of salt to boil in a large pot. Add pasta, use package times as a guide, and boil until just tender. Drain, cover and set aside till chicken is ready.
- Transfer a portion of pasta to each plate. Place sauce and chicken on top of pasta and serve.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 819 cal
- 33.7 g
- 71.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (41)Rate This Recipe
"This was great! My boyfriend loved it. I used panko breadcrumbs, then added Italian type herbs to them. (Basil, parsley, oregano, etc.) This is a definite keeper!..." See more"
"I followed this recipe exactly and used regular (unseasoned) breadcrumbs. The chicken lacked flavor. Next time I will use seasoned breadcrumbs or add more seasonings to the regular breadcrumbs...." See more"
Just swipe to see more like this.