My Favorite Sugar Cookies57 Reviews
“Great for Christmas cut-out cookies.” - by d. shepard
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a large bowl at medium speed until well mixed.
- Shape dough into a ball and wrap with waxed paper. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Roll out half of the dough at a time on a lightly floured surface. Keep the remaining dough refrigerated. For crisp cookies, roll paper thin. For softer cookies, roll 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
- With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into various shapes. Re-roll dough trimmings and continue to cut shapes.
- Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on greased cookie sheets. To glaze, brush tops of cookies with heavy or whipping cream or with an egg white slightly beaten with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Sprinkle cookies with your choice of toppings; bake 8 minutes or until very light brown. Remove cookies and cool completely.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 115 cal
- 4.2 g
- 17.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (57)Rate This Recipe
"Great for making cut outs! Very good taste! Do not be afraid of how dough looks after mixing you have to make it into a ball. I thought that I had done something wrong...." See more"
"This recipe was super easy and turned out great. The cookies were very chewy. I found that putting the dough in to the freezer right before you're going to use it makes it easier to work with. By f..." See morear the best sugar cookie recipe i've come across."
"I'm hunting for a perfect sugar cookie recipe. This recipe mixes and cuts out with cutters better than I've ever seen. It was a little hard to roll out, but not sticky at all. It tastes delicious with..." See more frosting, but is quite bland (like most sugar cookie recipes, unfortunately) alone. I think I will try using orange or lemon juice in place of the vanilla and adding some lemon peel. Great recipe."
Sugar Cookies X
Mrs. Fields Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.