Applesauce Raisin Cookies I5 Reviews
“These tasty cookies are a very natural way to satisfy your sweet tooth.” - by M. Grey
Original recipe yields 7 dozen
- Cream shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in applesauce and coffee.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients together. Add to applesauce mixture and blend thoroughly. Chill at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (84 total)
- 75 cal
- 3.1 g
- 11.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe is pretty good but being me I had to jazz it up a little, I added CinnaRaisins (from Dole) and Hersheys Cinnamon Chips. The dough was very much like a quick bread batter, very soupy so I a..." See moredded 3 cups of Oatmeal to make this recipe just a bit more healthy than the origional and to give it a little more body. I did chill as suggested and the cookies came out wonderful very cake like and chewy."
"This recipe was unique and yummy! I am sure the recipe would be great as is, though I did make some changes. First, I used butter instead of shortening. Then I used 1 1/4 cups sugar instead of 2 cup..." See mores. I used half whole wheat flour, half white and omitted the walnuts (personal taste). I also added 1 1/4 cups oatmeal and 1/4 cup wheat germ, just for the sake of trying it. They turned out great, with a nice cakey texture to them. A day later, the cookies had dried out significantly, so maybe cook less than usual so they remain moist (?)"
Jumbo Raisin Cookies
Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.