Old Fashioned Oatmeal Cookies48 Reviews
“These are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever eaten.” - by B. Stoltson
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Simmer raisins and water over medium heat until raisins are plump, about 15 minutes. Drain raisins, reserving the liquid. Add enough water to reserved liquid to measure 1/2 cup.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla thoroughly. Stir in reserved liquid.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 146 cal
- 6 g
- 21.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (48)Rate This Recipe
"These are great cookies. If you had a problem, you didn't follow the recipe!!What would I know? I'm a chef...." See more"
"I scaled down the recipe to only make a dozen and half, but recipe does not inform you to scale down amount of the "raisin juice reserve." No matter how much you make, it ask for 1/2 cup reserve. I ..." See moredid not catch this and had a liquid mess of shorting and sugar. I ended up doubling the other ingrediants and now have 3 dozens of cookies that leave a funny taste in my mouth. my mother however said they were ok. go figure. wont be making again."
"I didnt read the directions completely the first time I made them and I used self-rising flour instead of all-purpose. I brought them to work and everyone LOVED them. The second time I made them for a..." See more bake sale and used self-rising instead... they didnt sell because they were awful. Flat and hard as a brick... Self-rising flour made all the difference. "
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies IV
Absolutely Excellent Oatmeal Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.