Sour Cream-Rhubarb Squares62 Reviews
“Excellent with ice cream or whipped topping.” - by J. Hofslien
Original recipe yields 20 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Mix sugar, nuts, melted butter and cinnamon until crumbly and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together brown sugar, shortening and egg.
- Add flour, soda and salt to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Lastly, stir in rhubarb.
- Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes. Cut in squares and serve warm or cool.
Amount Per Serving (20 total)
- 227 cal
- 10.4 g
- 32.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (62)Rate This Recipe
"This was amazing! I followed the advice of others by adding more rhubarb. I used just over 2 1/2 cups, and I'm glad I did. With adding this extra rhubarb, it does need to cook for at least 40-45 mi..." See morenutes. I know some people cautioned to check it earlier than the directions. I was amazed at how tender the rhubarb was considering that it was raw when it went in the oven. I did make a few alterations. I used light sour cream, I cut back the brown sugar by 1/4 of a cup, and for the topping, I used half the sugar, and used Sweet'n Low for the other half. Five stars!"
"These bars are very tasty. Be warned: when you are reading the printed recipe it can be confusing; the list of ingredients read from left to right (that's how you read it to coincide with the steps). ..." See moreThe only change I made was I whirled frozen rhubarb in my food processor because I just don't like stringy foods and they turned out wonderful. They were cake-like and golden brown. Absolutely perfect with a cup of coffee or tea on this very damp, chilly, rainy day. Also, your house will smell marvelous while these bake! Enjoy."
Sour Cream Cookies II
Sour Cream Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.