Oatmeal Date Cookies43 Reviews
“These cookies are easy to make and one of my favorites.” - by M. Souder
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheets.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening and both sugars until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Blend in vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mixing well with spoon.
- Stir in oats, dates and walnuts.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on racks.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 233 cal
- 11.3 g
- 30.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (43)Rate This Recipe
"These were sooo good! I had to sub 3/4 cup of butter for the shortening and pecans for walnuts but these cookies were awesome. I will definately make these again...." See more"
"As I'm getting ready to make a triple batch of this for Christmas, I figured I ought to rate it! I downloaded this a couple years ago, and have been using it ever since. My mom doesn't want any other ..." See morekind of cookie! She doesn't like chocolate so it makes it hard to find something she likes. The recipe is very easy to make, the cookies freeze well. And they are very, very tasty! The dates make it a nicer cookie than raisins, which can be a little tart or bitter sometimes. Great just out of the oven or a couple days later, these are a permanent addition to my recipe box."
Oatmeal Craisin Cookies
Mom's Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.