Thumbprint Cookies I131 Reviews
“I usually make these around Christmas.” - by C. Keith
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Separate egg, reserving egg white. Cream butter or margarine, sugar, and egg yolk.
- Add vanilla, flour and salt, mixing well.
- Shape dough into balls. Roll in egg white, then walnuts. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. With thumb, dent each cookie. Put jelly or preserves in each thumbprint. Bake for another 8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 195 cal
- 9.8 g
- 25 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (131)Rate This Recipe
"I will give this 5 stars even though, as stated before, it needs some tweeking. Not super sweet, that is where the jam comes into play so take that into consideration when selecting your filling, whi..." See morech really makes them good. I followed the directions to the tee BUT increased the second baking time to 15 minutes which makes a big differance. I didn't raise the temp as this cookie needs to cook slow so the jam doesn't get out of control. It is skimpy so quadrupling it is my suggestion. A great christmas cookie. I didn't need to chill the dough at all. This will remain a Christmas regular."
"I made these, but changed two things: 1) I didn't roll them in walnuts, but opted for sugar. 2) I made them miniature sized. I loved how they turned out! I will be making these again...and again...an..." See mored again! "
"These were very good. I changed them up just a little, because I wanted the kind with icing in the "thumbprint" rather than jam (nostalgic for cookies Grandma made when I was a little girl). Then, I..." See more realized I like the cookie better with more even distribution of the icing, so the next batch didn't get "thumbprints" at all -- I just drizzled the icing over the little cookie balls. These were one of the best-liked cookies on my holiday trays."
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
Thumbprint Shortbread Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.