Hawaiian Banana Bars20 Reviews
“These bars are so moist and chewy, you won't need to add eggs!” - by Nancy Howard
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 11x7 inch pan.
- In large mixing bowl, mix shortening, brown sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and banana until well blended.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the banana mixture; stir until well blended. Stir in chopped nuts. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While warm, cut into bars and remove from pan. Combine powdered sugar and cinnamon. Gently roll warm bars in sugar-cinnamon mixture.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 114 cal
- 3.8 g
- 19.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (20)Rate This Recipe
"These turned out wonderfully soft and moist. I often adapt cake recipes to muffin tins, as it makes them more portable. I did the same with this recipe, and it turned out great! I also sprinkled the c..." See moreonfectioner's sugar mixture on top, as soon as they came out of the oven. I did notice that they firmed up a bit after cooling on the rack for about 1/2 hour. These have a nice, mellow banana flavour, not overwhelming."
"I made this recipe for a Hawaiian B-Day party for my 11 yr.old nephew. The kids like the way they tasted. They were just like banana bread; however, they weren't very pretty. They sort of fell apar..." See moret easily. I would probably make them again just for the house, but not for a party."
Frosted Banana Bars
Banana Oat Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.