Shortbread Cookies I2 Reviews
“These are always a hit at our church bazaar.” - by H. Olsen
Original recipe yields 8 dozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, and sugar. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add to the butter mixture. Stir in the caraway seeds and flour. Mix well.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 1 inch squares (or other shapes) and place at least 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes...watch closely...until lightly colored. Cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (48 total)
- 181 cal
- 8.5 g
- 23.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"It was too soft for what the amount of ingredients called for and even though I left it in the fridge overnight, it was almost just right but when using cookie cutters, the dough stuck to everything, ..." See moreno matter how much flour I used. This is definitely not for cookie cutters. Even after moulding it in circles, the kids ate only one and didn't like it."
"My cookies came out great. I haven't made cookies in over a decade and this is a simple basic cookie recipe. I added a pinch of salt and a couple of drops of almond extract to my eggs and my recipe ..." See morewas scaled down to 12 servings instead of 48. The dough is very soft so I molded mine by hand and put pineapple jam in the center. They were very yummy shortbread cookies with jam."
Shortbread Cookies II
Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.