Baked Cheesecake Squares12 Reviews
“If you like cheesecake, you'll love these bars.” - by R. Rosen
Original recipe yields 1 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8 inch square baking pan.
- To make the crust: In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar. Gradually blend in flour and walnuts. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Set aside one cup of crust mixture. Press the rest of the mixture into the bottom of baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To make filling: in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar. Add in egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla until well blended.
- Spread the filling over warm crust. Sprinkle top with remaining crust mixture. Bake for another 25 to 28 minutes. Let cool on wire racks before cutting.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 390 cal
- 24.4 g
- 38.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (12)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was quick and easy to make, unfortunately it isn't worth even the few minutes it takes to make. Before I go any furhter: I followed the recipe EXACTLY. The walnut crust is way too thick,..." See more and just tastes dry and crunchy, not flavorful. The "cheescake" filling is anything but, it's more like a suggestion of what cheesecake could taste like. Lemon? How can you taste a hint of lemon flavoring when the whole thing tastes like nuts? This recipe was baked by me and tested by my husband and a friend. They both hated it, but not as much as me. I wasted my evening baking time cleaning dishes, including the one left after I threw these things away. Sorry, they just suck."
"layer or crust way too thick and not enough cream cheese. TO ALL BAKERS OF THIS RECIPE: Use at least one package of cream cheese to even out the crust, or stick to original 2 packs if you like more ch..." See moreeesecake then crust. Awful recipe despite that."
"Like other users, I had to make a number of changes to make this recipe something we would enjoy. I increased the amount of cream cheese to a full 8 oz. package, and I was still wishing there had been..." See more more filling. I also added cinnamon to the crust/topping, and used pecans instead of walnuts. We ate them, but I'm sure that there is a better recipe out there. Sorry. :-("
Almond Squares II
Just swipe to see more like this.