Apricot Raisin Cookies4 Reviews
“These cookies are fruity and spicy...very delicious!” - by A. Voss
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Grind apricots in food processor or blender.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugar. Dissolve baking soda in warm water and add to creamed mixture, beating until smooth. Beat in the egg.
- Slowly blend in the dry ingredients, mixing until well blended. Fold in the apricots, raisins and pecans. Cover and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls two inches apart. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 232 cal
- 10.5 g
- 33.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (4)Rate This Recipe
"These were a success. I also increased the amount of water to about 3 tablespoons and they turned out well this way. ..." See more"
"Good cookie bu baking them 18 minutes makes biscoti. I made mine 10 - 11 min for a softer cookie...." See more"
"Nice, but a dry dough. I had to add 3 tbs more water, so maybe an extra egg next time. I left out the nuts but followed the rest of the recipe. Not sure of the purpose of dissolving the baking soda..." See more, though--probably just as easy to just mix it in. I baked at 13 minutes each, not 15-20. Overall, a nice hearty cookie but needs a few adjustments. Thanks for the recipe!"
Jumbo Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies V
Just swipe to see more like this.