Brown Sugar Cookies I18 Reviews
“Cut-out cookies .... great for holidays.” - by D. Sullivan
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg, heavy cream, and vanilla.
- Slowly add in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well blended. If dough seems too dry, add in water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 of an inch. Cut with cookie cutters and place 1 1/2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly colored.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 95 cal
- 4.4 g
- 12.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"Iv'e made this recipe twice now. The first time I followed the refridgerator cooling time exactly, but the second time I tried only keeping the dough in the fridge for an hour or so and ya know what?..." See more It came out exactly the same! I though four hours had seemed a wee bit too long, and it was. Same results, same taste in way less than half the time! I do add two cups of brown sugar however because I'm a brown sugar junkie and a flavor of brown sugar lessens so much after baking with it, so two cups seems to be satisfactory. I know it seems like a lot of sugar, but it's soooooo yummy. Also try adding chocolate chips for some really yummy choco-chip cookies!"
"I thought this was great. The cookies were moist and chewy and stayed thusly for several days. I added a 1/2 cup of white sugar, substituted half/half for the water and heavy cream, and did not refr..." See moreidgerate the dough. Otherwise I prepared the recipe exactly as stated, and it was grand. My family couldn't get enough of these cookies!"
Brown Sugar Cookies II
Mrs. Fields Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.