Granola Bars I8 Reviews
“My son makes these bars for camping trips and soccer tournaments.” - by K. Marshall
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch square pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat well after the addition of each ingredient.
- In small saucepan, cover the cranberries in water and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and chop into small pieces. Add to egg mixture.
- Slowly add in white and wheat flours, walnuts, salt and baking powder. Mix until well blended. Fold in granola and mix well.
- Spread dough into baking pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars. Store in airtight container.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 368 cal
- 15 g
- 55 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (8)Rate This Recipe
"This recipe was delicious, though I changed it to be a bit healthier. I made all of the flour whole wheat, changed the shortening to margerine, and the dried cranberries to almonds. Plus I added 1/2 c..." See moreup of chocolate chips too!"
"Not really what I was going for, but they tasted pretty good. VERY sweet. It was more like granola cake than granola bars. I certainly don't like boiling the cranberries. sure it softens them up, but ..." See moreI think they lose a lot of flavor."
Playgroup Granola Bars
Chewy Granola Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.