Peanut Butter Chocolate Sandwich Cookies3 Reviews
“Melted chocolate is sandwiched between peanut butter cookies.” - by Rina
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- In a large bowl mix together the butter until soft. Add the peanut butter and sugar and beat well. Mix in the egg and milk. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to the egg mixture slowly and mix until just blended. Form dough into 2 logs, and wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in the top of a double boiler over medium heat. Stir frequently until melted. Add butter or margarine and stir until melted. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Remove one package of the dough from the freezer and unwrap. With a sharp, serrated knife, cut a few slices of the dough 1/4 inch thick and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Quickly spoon a teaspoonful of the chocolate on each slice. Cut more slices, and top each with another slice of dough. If dough becomes too soft, rewrap it and return to freezer. Reheat chocolate if it becomes too hard.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly colored.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 108 cal
- 6.3 g
- 12.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"These cookies were absolutely terrible. DO NOT TRY!..." See more"
"These came out yummy but they were more like magic middles than sandwich cookies. They were a little flat but still soft and chewy...." See more"
"These cookies taste very good. Like one of the other raters said, they come out more like magic middles than sandwich cookies. I used an electric mixer to mix the dough, which made it very airy, and c..." See moreould be the reason that my cookies came out so flat. Next time I'll try mixing by hand to see if that makes a difference. They taste great, though!"
Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Heaven
Just swipe to see more like this.