Orange Biscotti18 Reviews
“Great with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee.” - by Paula Burtun
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Toast the almonds until golden brown.
- Let almonds cool, then chop into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Set oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs until smooth. Zest the orange, add to mixture and stir well. Add the orange-flavored liqueur and cinnamon. Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat until just mixed. Stir in the chopped almonds. Divide the dough in half on a lightly floured board and form into long rolls, about 2 inches in diameter and 10 inches long.
- Set the rolls on a cookie sheet and bake for about 25 minutes, or until they are brown on top.
- Let the rolls cool for 5 minutes, then slice diagonally 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay slices back flat on cookie sheet and cook for another 10 minutes. Flip biscotti over and cook for another 10 minutes. Let cool on wire racks. If you keep these in an airtight container, they will keep for months.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 94 cal
- 4.4 g
- 11.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (18)Rate This Recipe
"Someone asked about cracking - here's the secret for all biscotti. When you take them out of the oven the first time, cover with a damp towel while they cool. They'll slice perfeclty without crumbling..." See more."
"This was very easy to make. I used fresh orange juice in place of the liqueur and they were wonderful. I would cut back on the almonds a bit for my own personal taste next time...." See more"
"I make this recipe all the time, it is so easy and tastes so good. I leave out the almonds though and use 2 teaspoons orange oil instead of the zest and liqueor. Then because of the oil I cook 10 mi..." See morenutes longer. And of course, because I love chocolate I dip these halfway in melted chocolate and cool on set on wax paper."
Cinnamon Hazelnut Biscotti
Chocolate Dipped Orange Biscotti
Just swipe to see more like this.