Almond Macaroons I6 Reviews
“Top traditional macaroons with chopped almonds.” - by Carmen
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Cover cookie sheets with parchment or aluminum foil, shiny side up.
- Soften almond paste with your hands or food processor. In large mixing bowl, blend almond paste and sugar.
- Separate eggs and add whites to mixture. Mix in confectioners' sugar, flour and salt. Stir well.
- Force dough through a cookie press or drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Sprinkle cookies with chopped almonds and bake for 25 minutes. Remove parchment or foil from cookie sheets and let cool. Peel off macaroons.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 182 cal
- 6 g
- 30.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (6)Rate This Recipe
"These tasted really good. But they were FLAT. This is not a macaroon recipe. It is a recipe for almond flavored sugar cookies. If you want a true macaroon beat the egg whites with the sugar until stif..." See moref peaks form, before adding the other ingredients."
"This recipe did not turn out correctly. I followed the measurements and the batter was like soup so I added more cake flour until I got a consistency of a drop cookie dough. I used one cookie sheet(t..." See morehermal)with parchment paper on top and another with foil on the top(ran out of p. paper). They poofed up like meringe cookies while baking then fell when I took them out of the oven. I could not get them off the paper(never had any cookie stick like that to parchment). They tore all apart. The taste was just like eating straight almond paste,which we love in any dessert recipe that we have tried. Will not try again and play with the recipe due to the cost of the almond paste."
Italian Almond Cookies II
Just swipe to see more like this.