Pistachio Wreaths3 Reviews
“Great Christmas cookies...colorful and tasty, these also make great presents.” - by Laria Tabul
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until softened. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and almond extract and beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Divide the dough in half and stir food coloring into one half. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll about 1/2 tablespoon of plain dough into a 6-inch rope. Repeat with green dough.
- Place ropes side by side and twist together about 6 times. Form twisted ropes into a circle and gently pinch ends together.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving 2 inches between cookies. Place small amount of chopped pistachios onto each wreath where ends are pinched together.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for about 1 minute. Remove and cool thoroughly on rack.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 248 cal
- 13.4 g
- 29.2 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (3)Rate This Recipe
"Maybe I left it in the fridge too long but I could not get this dough to roll out into a rope. It would break and crumble. I let the dough sit out for a few hours and tried again and same thing. I did..." See more leave it in the fridge overnight but I have never had a problem with doing that with other similar recipes. I ended up throwing the dough away because I couldn't do anything with half green/half regular dough that wouldn't roll out."
"this is my favorite holiday treat!! refrigerate closer to 45 minutes. cook for about 12-13 minutes; only slightly golden brown on the bottom. absolutey delicious!..." See more"
Pistachio Chocolate Checkers
Old Fashioned Wreaths
Just swipe to see more like this.