Better Than Fruitcake Cookies11 Reviews
“This recipe makes over 12 dozen small cookies... a great substitution for holiday fruitcake . You can substitute rum-soaked dried apricots and dates instead of glacee'd cherries and figs for an equally tasty cookie.” - by Frieda
Original recipe yields 12 dozen
- In a large bowl, combine fruits, honey, sherry, lemon juice, salt and walnuts. Cover and marinate overnight.
- Cream together with butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Add egg and mix well. Combine the flour, salt and cloves; gradually blend into the butter mixture. Blend in the fruit and nut mixture
- Lightly flour work surface and divide dough into 2 equal portions. Roll into logs and wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Place dough in freezer for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cut logs into thin rounds and place on cookie sheet spaced at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (72 total)
- 107 cal
- 5.4 g
- 14.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"I read all the reviews and tried to address people's issues and got a 5-star cookie out of it. I used precut Date Nuggets and countered their dryness by using a few more tablespoons of rum. The aprico..." See morets weren't bad to cut up. Then in the AM I put half the mixture at a time in a food processor and pulsed it a few times so the fruit was more evenly sized and ultimately easier to slice cleanly into rounds. I also baked them a bit longer. The end result was a huge hit...not sweet and a good addition to a cookie plate"
"I am not big on fruitcake, but these cookies were VERY good. When I sent cookies home w/ guests they always asked if I would put alot of the fruitcake ones in. They really were quite easy to make & ..." See moreit does make ALOT of them. Now I will make these every year! Thanks, Traci Z."
"These cookies have a very flavour. The problem was that no matter what knife I used they would not cut nicely. They kept braking apart.I tried chilling them more and less and it didn't make a differe..." See morence. Next time I would not bother to roll them but form into cookies. I also used dates instead of figs and added a few chopped apricots."
Fruitcake Cookies I
Better than Grandma's Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.