Almond-Raspberry Meringue Bars66 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 45 min
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 min
“These chewy, delicious bars also have a touch of coconut.” - by Dinah
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with greased aluminum foil.
- To make the Crust: In a large bowl, mix together the butter, almond paste, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in one egg and the almond extract. Mix in the flour and stir until well blended.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden. Cool slightly, and spread the raspberry preserves over the crust.
- In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until they form soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until peaks become stiff. Spread the meringue over the jam and sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until firm. Let cool on wire racks. Lift foil from pan and cut bars with a sharp knife.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 144 cal
- 7.1 g
- 18.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (66)Rate This Recipe
"These are delicious! They're equally good with a plain cookie crust if you find yourself short on almond paste...." See more"
"I brought them to work and they disappeared! I used whole wheat flour and no one could tell the difference. I didn't use as much coconut as it said, I just sprinkled some on. I could have eaten the ..." See morewhole batch if I hadn't shared it with my work!"
Raspberry Oat Bars
Lemon Square Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.