Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars I11 Reviews
“You can't go wrong with this combination!” - by Lanie Goldsmith
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make Pastry: Cream together 2/3 cup butter and brown sugar. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until well blended.
- Separate the eggs and beat in the yolks. Add in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and mix well.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the Topping: In a medium bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, chopped peanuts, peanut butter, egg whites, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Melt 1/4 cup of butter or margarine and stir into mixture.
- Turn off oven and remove pan. Let cool for about 2 minutes. Spread topping over pastry. Sprinkle chocolate chips over topping and return to warm oven for 2 or 3 minutes. Spread chocolate over topping, like a frosting. Let cool before cutting.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 444 cal
- 29.5 g
- 41.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (11)Rate This Recipe
"These were soo good! My whole family loved them! But you can only eat a few because they are sooooo rich!..." See more"
"It is easier if you microwave the peanut butter mixture and chocolate chips until melted. Spread peanut butter mixture first, then the chocolate. No baking necessary...." See more"
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars IV
Monkey Peanut Butter Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.