Cheesecake Bars210 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 1 hr
“Rich and creamy as cheesecake, but much easier to make!” - by Frances Mann
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175 degrees C).
- To make Pastry: Cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the flour and chopped nuts and stir until mixture becomes crumbly. Set aside 1/4 cup to use as a topping.
- Press pastry mixture into 8-inch square pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on rack.
- To make Filling: Beat together the white sugar, and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the egg, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix well. Spread filling mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle reserved mixture on as a topping.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool on wire rack and refrigerate. Serve with fruit.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 73 cal
- 4.8 g
- 6.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (210)Rate This Recipe
"I'm confused by those who say this recipe doesn't compare to real cheesecake, or it almost tastes like cheesecake, or this is easier to make then cheesecake, etc. This IS cheesecake! The filling is c..." See morelassic ingredients with standard amounts and ratios of ingredients. The crust is rich, light and flavorful, and the nuts, which I chopped finely, gave these another dimension of flavor. I doubled the filling mixture and was happy I did. I used the lemon juice called for and it was perfect, especially since I swirled blueberry preserves through the filling before I baked it. This is creamy and delicious, and my addition of swirling the preserves throughout gave this a little flavor boost. I can't wait to make flavor variations with this!"
"Couple of notes - definitely double the filling if you're serving this as a dessert (9-12 servings rather than the 36 it says), but if you're making it to cut into teeny squares as party refreshments ..." See moreor something, you're probably okay as is. Also, as every cheesecake-baker knows, the cream cheese will blend better if softened. Don't melt it, as one reviewer suggested. This is pretty easy and good, but I don't really love the lemon flavor and would probably leave it out if I made it again. My family didn't agree with me however, my mom in particular loved the lemon. So it's all a matter of personal preference! Just note that it IS a noticeable flavor, so if lemon's not your favorite, definitely omit it."
Cheesecake Lemon Bars
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.