Date Balls10 Reviews
“Rich and chewy, a holiday treat.” - by Tracy Wing
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine butter, water, and dates. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour date mixture into a medium bowl. Mix in the brown sugar and chopped nuts.
- Whip egg whites in a small bowl until stiff. Fold egg whites into date mixture. Roll dough into 2 inch balls and roll in shredded coconut. Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool on wire racks.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 69 cal
- 3 g
- 10.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I did not care for this recipe. Where do I begin? (1.) It calls for a teaspoon of water & then you are supposed to boil the dates in it? What?!!? Not possible- the best you can do is saute the dates. ..." See more(2.) After mixing everything together you are then supposed to roll it into balls. Yeah right! The mixture is far too soupy to roll anything. (3.) The cookies then stuck to the pans so much that the cookies could not be removed from the pans at all! I had to scrape the cookies off the pans & then spend the rest of the night scrubbing the pans clean. "
"This was a very bizarre cookie. The cookies never hardened and remained gooey blobs that stuck to your teeth. I wouldn't go through the trouble to make them again...." See more"
"I loved these as a kid and when my mother died she didn't leave any recipes for anything, which was probably good, because she wasn't much of a cook, however, I haven't made cookies in 35 yrs. I deci..." See moreded to make these to take to my Christmas party at work, everyone raved, and I am definately not a baker! Next time I'll put the dates in the food processor, too sticky to chop with a knife. Loved the results, though!"
Coconut Date Balls
Date Nut Logs
Just swipe to see more like this.