Classic Bangers and Mash13 Reviews
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 35 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“This is a delicious and irresistible recipe that everyone loves. It pairs creamy potatoes, crunchy onions, smooth gravy, and yummy sausages!!” - by Amystar79
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place the potatoes in a pan, and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, leaving the potatoes in the pan.
- Meanwhile, stir the bouillon cubes into the warm milk until dissolved. Stir the milk mixture and butter into the potatoes. Mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- Heat the cooking oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Prick the sausages in a few places with a fork, and place them into the skillet. Cook, turning often, until golden brown and juices run clear, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Using the same skillet, add the onion rings. Cook and stir over medium heat until the onions are golden, but still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the gravy in a pan over medium heat.
- To serve, scoop the potatoes onto a large serving plate. Arrange the sausages over the potatoes, top with the onions, drizzle with gravy, and sprinkle with oregano.
Amount Per Serving (4 total)
- 628 cal
- 35.4 g
- 61.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (13)Rate This Recipe
"Ok, I really played with this recipe...but gosh, it is such a good comforting meal! I grilled my sausages and made my own beef gravy with stock I thickened up. I uses Emeril's cheddar, onion mashed ..." See morepotatoes and let me tell you...this was better then anything you'd get in a pub! Delish!!!"
"this is exactly how I make them (minus the chicken broth/milk idea for the potatoes)- some recipes call for beef sausage, i always stick to pork- better flavor with the gravy... this recipe is very ea..." See moresy and very tasty!!!"
True Bangers and Mash with Onion Gravy
Classic Fish and Chips
Just swipe to see more like this.