Chocolate Dipped Mocha Rounds10 Reviews
“Chocolate cookies dipped in chocolate!?! m-m-m-m-m-m-m” - by Laria Tabul
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- Melt unsweetened chocolate squares in a heavy saucepan. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl beat 1/2 cup shortening and butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium speed until butter is softened. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Dissolve the instant coffee crystals in the water. Add the melted chocolate, egg and coffee to the butter mixture and beat well.
- Stir flour, cinnamon and salt together and add to the butter mixture. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape into two 7-inch long rolls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut into 1/4-inch slices and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate pieces and 3 tablespoons of shortening over low heat. Dip on half of each cookie into the chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper until the chocolate is set.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 178 cal
- 11.5 g
- 19.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (10)Rate This Recipe
"I made these cookies for my niece who is in college. Here is what she said: (also, my husband loved the chocolate, coffee taste) Dear Auntie, I got cookies today! And they're so yummy---thank..." See mores a bunch! What kind are they? They're very different...I've never had anything like them, but boy are they addictive. Yum. They're sort of coffee/cinnamon-ish. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I got them and they're wonderful and thanks a lot! Love, El "
"I make these every year at Christmas and they are always a hit. I lost my recipe, but you have saved the day. The name of my recipe is "Cappachino Flats" but the ingredients are the same...." See more"
"Can't comment on the cookies, just the chocolate dip. It was perfect for shortbread cookies; I dipped it in the chocolate then rolled them in toasted pecans. A hint if you don't have chips: 1/2 cup mo..." See morersels is about 3 oz of baking squares. 3oz and 1 Tbsp was enough for 1 dozen medium sized cookies. Also, I found it easier to just microwave the chocolate and shortening for a few minutes, stirring every so often. Thanks!"
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies II
Just swipe to see more like this.