Coconut Rolled Sugar Cookies9 Reviews
“These cookies are made without eggs.” - by Laria Tabul
Original recipe yields 7 dozen
- In mixing bowl beat butter or margarine until softened. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour and beat until well mixed. Stir in the cherries and pecans.
- Shape into three 7-inch long rolls. Roll in the coconut to coat.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 12 minutes or until done. Remove to a wire rack and cool.
Amount Per Serving (42 total)
- 112 cal
- 5.9 g
- 14.1 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"These were very good! I did make some changes, though because I didn't have all the ingredients on the list. I used splenda, walnuts and dried berries (cranberries, cherries and blueberries). I recons..." See moretituted the berries in warm water for several minutes to plump them up. I did have to add a splash more milk because the dough was a bit crumbly. Also, I didn't want to wait to chill them, the oven was already hot from baking biscuits. So, I just pinched off a chunk of dough, rolled it into a ball, them smushed the ball flat, patted it on both sides with the cocounut and baked. Next time I'll chill the bowl of dough in the freezer for about 10 min. first because the dough was a little soft, but I managed okay and they came out nicely. I would definitely make these again."
"What a nice change of pace. The coconut influence is enjoyable. I didn't have candied fruit in the house, so I just used walnuts. Then after cutting into slices I sprinkled the remaining coconut on..." See more the top of each cookie. I also added a tiny bit more milk based on a prior comment. The dough was easy to handle and get into the 3 rolls. I'll make them again."
Coconut Icebox Cookies
Becky's Sugary Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.