Sour Cream Figure-Eights2 Reviews
“These look nice on a plate with other cookies when you're serving afternoon tea or coffee.” - by Laria Tabul
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- In a large bowl beat butter or margarine until softened. Add 1 cup sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to butter mixture. Beat until well mixed.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut into rings with a 2 1/2-inch doughnut cutter.
- Twist the rings once to form figure eights and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Spinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until done. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 109 cal
- 4.2 g
- 16.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"Delicious! Thanks for the recipe! Perfect with a cup of tea. Dough was really sticky, so I put it in the freezer and then worked really fast to make the '8' shapes. Also made round circle cookies from..." See more the 'holes'. I haven't baked in awhile, and my boys gobbled them up. I still have some dough leftover that I am going to freeze (makes alot of dough). (: (: (:"
Sour Cream Raisin Cookies
Sour Cream Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.