Chocolate-Almond Macaroons7 Reviews
“Ground almonds and chocolate put a new spin on an old favorite.” - by Laria Tabul
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Finely grind the almonds, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a food processor.
- Separate one of the eggs and add the white, the other egg, and almond extract and process until the mixture holds together. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chocolate.
- Moisten hands and roll mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten to 1/3-inch thick rounds.
- Bake until tops puff and centers are still soft, about 12 minutes. Remove to a rack and cool completely. Replace parchment paper for next round of cookies.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 266 cal
- 16.2 g
- 27.4 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"This was the best almond macaroon recipe I found! I made them as part of my French display on Bordeaux at Foreign Language Day, and by the end, there was only one left. It was hard keeping my family..." See more away from them- they loved the almond taste. I left out the chocolate (because it didn't seem very French), which was fine. Make sure you use wax paper or similar or else the bottoms get a bit too dark. This was a wonderful recipe, I highly recommend it. Bon app!"
"WOW, I AM SO GLAD I TRIED THIS RECIPE EVEN THOUGH THE RATING WAS A FOUR. IT WAS A HUUUGE HIT WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY! I DID NOT HAVE WHOLE ALMONDS, SO ESTIMATED AND USED 1 3/4 CUPS OF GROUND ALMONDS IN..." See moreSTEAD. STILL MIXED THE WHOLE THING IN A FOOD PROCESSOR. USED CHOCOLATE CHIPS INSTEAD OF CHOPPED CHOCOLATE. THE BATTER CAME OUT REALLY PASTY AND STICKY, WHICH WAS VERY SIMILAR TO MY DAD'S ALMOND COOKIE RECIPE. SO I WORKED WITH IT AS IS. USED A MINI ICE CREAM SCOOP AND PLACED ON A PARCHMINT PAPER LINED COOKIE SHEET. DID NOT PRESS THEM DOWN, THEY FLATTENED PERFECTLY IN THE OVEN. THESE WERE SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!! ONE OF THE FEW RECIPES THAT I WILL HAVE TO REPEAT MANY TIMES!"
Chocolate Macaroons I
Easy Coconut Macaroons
Just swipe to see more like this.