Eggnog-Raspberry Belgian Waffles9 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 10 min
- Ready In: 25 min
“This is a terrific recipe for holiday mornings. It can be used with many different kinds of fruits, but raspberries are so yummy!” - by michelle o'c
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat a Belgian waffle iron.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl. Stir in 1 cup eggnog, butter, and the egg until well blended. Add more eggnog if needed to make a pourable batter.
- Lightly grease or spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour some batter onto the preheated waffle iron, close the top, and cook until golden brown and crisp on both sides. Waffles are usually cooked with steam subsides. Transfer waffles to a serving plate, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place the raspberry preserves in a pan, and heat over medium heat until pourable.
- To serve, drizzle raspberry preserves over each waffle, and top with raspberries. If desired, add a dollop of whipped cream to each waffle.
Amount Per Serving (6 total)
- 551 cal
- 24.5 g
- 77.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (9)Rate This Recipe
"This is a good, but very rich, waffle. I don't know why some people have had problems with sogginess. The recipe says to start with 1 cup of eggnog and then add more if you need it. I added ad addi..." See moretional 1 Tbsp at a time and probably put in another 1/4 cup total to get the consistency I wanted. I also added 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp vanilla. I'd leave the cinnamon out next time. I probably won't make this again because it was just too rich with the eggnog and raspberry jelly, but it's always fun to try new things!"
"I just used this recipe for the waffles - didn't use the raspberries at all. Very yummy. Everyone - including in-laws - enjoyed the waffles on Christmas morning!..." See more"
"Really Yummy! Not at all soggy as previous user stated - however you want to make sure that you only add the amount of eggnog needed to make the batter pourable. You may need a little less OR a Little..." See more more then recipe states. I also added a touch of cinnamon and a dash of vanilla. "
Cinnamon Belgian Waffles
Emma's Belgian Waffles
Just swipe to see more like this.