Cardamom Granola Bars33 Reviews
“Cardamom and honey give these bars an exotic flavor. Pecans can easily be substituted for the walnuts if you prefer.” - by Laria Tabul
Original recipe yields 18 bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch square pan with foil, extending the foil over the sides.
- Grease the foil with shortening or butter.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat the butter, brown sugar and honey in a saucepan until the butter melts and begins to boil.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until well coated. Transfer to the prepared pan and press evenly with a spatula.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool on rack. Using the foil, lift out of the pan and place on cutting board. Cut into 18 bars.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 128 cal
- 6.6 g
- 16.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (33)Rate This Recipe
"I really liked these. I did cut back on the butter by one tablespoon because I wanted them to be a little lower in fat. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because they were a little too sweet...." See more I would cut down on the brown sugar a little next time but keep the honey because it helps it stick together. When these first come out of the oven they are soft and fall apart easily. I let them cool for about 2 hours and then cut then with a large, sharp knife on a cutting board and it worked perfectly. Oh, I used dried cranberries instead of raisins. I don't like raisins and cranberries seem to match better with cardamom anyway. I really love the flavor of these- you have to try these if you love cardamom! They are so simple to prepare too and took only a few minutes to put together."
"Fragrant, delicious, easy. Just the right amount of cardamom for me. I've tried variations with great success -- dried mangoes and coconut and banana chips; dried cherries and walnuts, whatever you ..." See morelike, just keep similar proportions to the orig. recipe. Mashing it flatter in the pan just after removing from the oven was a good idea someone mentioned, my bars did not fall apart at all. I'll be making this a lot."
Playgroup Granola Bars
Chewy Granola Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.