Peanut Blossoms III23 Reviews
“Nice for casual get togethers.” - by Jeanie Piotrowski
Original recipe yields 14 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening and peanut butter; gradually add sugar and brown sugar, creaming well. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to creamy mixture.
- Shape dough into balls, using a rounded teaspoon for each ball. Roll balls in sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Top each cookie with a candy kiss, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edges.
- Put back into oven for 2 to 5 minutes longer, until golden brown.
Amount Per Serving (7 total)
- 527 cal
- 27.8 g
- 62.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (23)Rate This Recipe
"I've had this recipe since I was a kid. They're very good and easy to make. NOTE: The recipe calls for only 14 kisses, but you need about 48 because that's about how many cookies the recipe makes...." See more"
"Absolute mess. I followed the recipe exact, and I also used name brand peanut butter. I made NO changes. The dough was extemely dry and had to be warmed in my hand for a minute before it would form in..." See moreto a ball, and then it just would not spread into a cookie. I don't have money to waste on ingredients and that's exactly what happened. I should have stuck with the well known Jif blossom recipe. I have no idea what happened. Honestly. Not when I followed the recipe exact. EDITED: Wish I would have read through the reviews and known that I was supposed to add two tablespoons of milk to the cookie recipe. I was able to salvage part of the dough, thank goodness, but that's after I added milk to the dough."
Mrs. Sigg's Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Blossoms Chex(R) Mix
Just swipe to see more like this.