Nice Spice Cookies1 Reviews
“A nice cinnamon cookie that the whole family will love.” - by Morgan Rose
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until mixture is creamy and light.
- Add the egg, a little at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the lemon zest.
- Add the sifted flour and spices and, using a wooden spoon, stir well until the mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Knead dough lightly in the bowl and, using your hands, shape the dough into 25 small balls.
- Place the balls on the greased baking sheets, leaving room between each to spread during baking.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the prongs of a fork dipped in flour. Press the fork in two directions to make a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and let cool on a heatproof surface for five minutes. Then, with a spatula, transfer cookies to a cooling rack until cold.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 161 cal
- 12.1 g
- 12.5 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (1)Rate This Recipe
"After everything was added, it seemed like the amount of flour wasn't enough. It was very soft, too soft to handle. I wondered if the amount of flour had been typed in wrong. I added more so I could h..." See moreandle the dough. I wouldn't make these again."
Spice Cookies with Crystallized Ginger
Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies I
Just swipe to see more like this.