Soft Sugar Cookies I34 Reviews
“These cookies are big, soft and excellent! Great with frosting too! We won't eat any other sugar cookie!” - by KATHY
Original recipe yields 4 dozen
- Combine milk with vinegar to make sour milk. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars, shortening, eggs, and vanilla. Add flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir in sour milk and mix well. NOTE: Dough will be very sticky and hard to handle. You could refrigerate it for a few hours, or just use plenty of flour when rolling out.
- Roll on well floured board to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with cookie cutters to desired shapes (large cutters work best).
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown on bottom.
- Frost with Sugar Cookie Frosting (see recipe) and decorate.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 231 cal
- 9.4 g
- 34 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (34)Rate This Recipe
"I don't see how you won't eat any other sugar cookie ... you must eat no sugar cookies. I wasted a lot of time and effort on this. I could not roll it out at all ... not after fridge, flour, and fre..." See moreezer. It is Valentine's day, and I was hoping to make something for my fiance. All I got was a mess. Maybe it is the humidity or something ... but I found this recipe impossible and am sorely disappointed."
"No offense, but these were the worst sugar cookies I have ever tasted. The dough was a sticky, gooey mess, even after chilling for several hours. The tablespoon of vinegar should have tipped me off,..." See more however I thought I would at least try it. Never have I had a cookie with vinegar, even this small amount. My little niece took two bites and started to gag. Needless to say, the recipe was shredded...."
"No offense, ladies, but I tried this recipe and it turned out perfectly for me so you must've done something wrong. I'm 18 years old...this was my very first try. I think it's better to knead the dou..." See moregh and add a little more flour as you go along. Also, dont put both the sugar and brown sugar in at the same time. It'll make it all gooey. I added the brown sugar last, kneaded it and then rolled it out. It was fantastic."
Soft Sugar Cookies IV
Michelle's Soft Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.