Lemon Bars I109 Reviews
“Lemon bars on a shortbread base.” - by Sallie
Original recipe yields 16 squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- To make Bottom Layer: Mix one cup flour and 1/4 cup confectioners sugar. Melt the butter and stir into flour mixture.
- Press flat and even into an 8x8 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking, make the top layer: Mix 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and the baking powder.
- Beat eggs and add to mixture, stirring well. Add lemon juice and rind, mix again.
- Pour over bottom layer; Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool a little, cut into squares while warm; dust with confectioners sugar.
Amount Per Serving (16 total)
- 133 cal
- 3.6 g
- 24 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (109)Rate This Recipe
"DELICIOUS!!! I followed the advice of the other reviews and added 1 extra tablespoon of butter to the crust mixture and only baked the crust for 15 minutes. I really love lemon so I added a HEAPING ..." See moretablespoon of zest and 4 tablespoons of juice. MMmmmmmmmm perfect flavor. My 8 year old was so impressed that he said "these are better than Grandmas" but we won't tell her that ;) Thank you!!"
"This recipe was really good and better yet it was quick and easy. Instead of powdered sugar on the top for decoration I added a lemon icing(1/2 can sweetened condensed milk & 1/4 cup lemon juice) fo..." See morer extra lemony taste. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Baked the crust for about 15 minutes prior to adding the lemon curd, it only baked for 20 minutes with the curd and it was really kind of overdone....I also cut the sugar in the filling down to 3/4 cu..." See morep and added a tablespoon more of lemon juice, We will make these again, just the right amount of sweet and tart"
Lemon Pie Bars
Bake Sale Lemon Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.