Pfeffernuesse Cookie Mix5 Reviews
“Spicy German cookie” - by Pat K.
Original recipe yields 5 dozen
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, and dash black pepper.
- In large saucepan, combine molasses and butter; heat and stir until butter melts. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in eggs. Add dry ingredients to molasses mixture; mix well. Cover. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Shape into 1" balls. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are done. Remove. Cool. Roll in powdered sugar.
Amount Per Serving (30 total)
- 135 cal
- 3.6 g
- 23.7 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (5)Rate This Recipe
"I have been making these for years and everyone adores them, the only change I have made is to only cook them 8-9 minutes, 12 is much too long, you want to take them out when they are still somewhat s..." See moreoft as they will harden a bit as they cool. This way you will have a softer, chewier cookie."
"Not at all like traditional Pfeffernuesse. Dry, not very much spice flavor, and much too much molasses. Would not make again, will continue to look for better recipe...." See more"
Nutmeg Cookie Logs
Cookie Mold Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.