Koulourakia I7 Reviews
“They are very good. Like shortbread, but not as sweet with sesame seeds...” - by Jennifer
Original recipe yields 30 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in 2 of the egg yolks, one at a time. Mix in 3 tablespoons of the half and half.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to butter mix and blend.
- To shape cookies, pinch of 1 inch balls of dough and roll each into a 7 inch strand. Bring ends together and twist, to form a twirled look to each one.
- Beat remaining egg yolk with remaining half and half and brush lightly over cookies and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 175 cal
- 8.6 g
- 21.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"i am greek, and this recipe is not an authentic take on koulourakia. the consistency is much too sandy, even though i left out 1/4 cup of flour. also, the butter flavor is too strong...." See more"
"Excellent. My boyfriend is Greek and says that he has had many variations of Koulourakia and this one is one of the best...." See more"
Aunt Anne's Sesame Cookies
Cookies with Chocbit Topping
Just swipe to see more like this.