Chocolate Mint Brownies63 Reviews
“Moist brownies are topped with a layer of mint creme and a rich chocolate glaze for a tempting treat any time of year.” - by S. Hynek
Original recipe yields 2 dozen
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of white sugar and 1/2 cup of butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and chocolate syrup. Combine the salt and flour; mix into the batter just until blended. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1/2 cup melted butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Stir in creme de menthe liqueur. Spread over the cooled brownies and allow to cool completely.
- Combine the chocolate chips and remaining butter in a microwave safe dish. Heat for 1 minute in the microwave, stir, then continue to heat at 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Spread over the top of the brownies. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 2 inch squares.
Amount Per Serving (12 total)
- 598 cal
- 27.5 g
- 84.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (63)Rate This Recipe
"I received a lot of compliments on this. I used a box brownie mix for this (cuts way back on the preparation time); for the mint topping, I only used 1 cup of powdered sugar for the 1/2 cup of butter..." See more, and instead of creme de menthe used 1 1/2 tsp of mint extract. This made it not too sweet. After it cooled in the fridge applied the chocolate topping,then placed back into fridge overnight and brought into work next morning. Coworkers loved it."
"I've been making these brownies since I was 12. Yummy and rich! However, I don't melt the butter for the mint layer, I cream it with the powdered sugar which makes it fluffy. Then I add a few drops..." See more of green food coloring so people can tell it's mint-flavored."
Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
Katrina's Best-Ever Chocolate Brownies
Just swipe to see more like this.