Old-Fashioned Soft Sugar Cookies50 Reviews
“This is a drop cookie. I have been making it for over 35 years. It is the first cookie I ever made!!!” - by Mellan Blount
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cream butter to consistency of mayonnaise. Add sugar gradually, while continuing to cream.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix and sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream; beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoons or tablespoons depending on the size cookie you want. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over the tops of the cookies. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 238 cal
- 8.5 g
- 37.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (50)Rate This Recipe
"It is a very good cookie to cut out and quick to bake. but i did find out something you kneed to sift the flour then measure it my dough was stick and i didn't have enough flour in the mixture. Other..." See more than that it is a good cookie and easy to do."
"Wonderful recipe! My grandma made a similar recipe with buttermilk. This one is much more moist and tender. I used a cookie scoop so they took less time to cook. Around 6 minutes. Also just used ..." See moresanding sugars instead of cinnamon and sugar. Very good and yes cakelike. when I was a kid we called these type of cookies sugar cakes! Very yummy indeed!!!"
Soft Sugar Cookies IV
Michelle's Soft Sugar Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.