Chocolate Wafers7 Reviews
“Chocolate cookie low in sugar.” - by Carol Hayes
Original recipe yields 30 cookies
- Beat together margarine (or butter), sugar, egg, and cocoa.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and water. Mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape dough into a log 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Slice dough into 1/2 inch-thick rounds and place on lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving (15 total)
- 83 cal
- 4.9 g
- 8.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I love reviews! I was looking for a cookie that I could use to make ice cream sandwiches and with a little tinkering, this fit the bill. I doubled the sugar and added 1 tbsp instant coffee to the wa..." See moreter before adding it to the dough. Also instead of rolling into cylinders, I just rolled flat (after chilling) and cut out my circles (dough was maybe 1/4" rather than 1/2") and stuffed with ice cream! Delicious!"
"maybe it was just me and my kids, but we thought these tasted like cocoa flavored flour. Not terrible, but needs some tinkering . . ...." See more"
Chocolate Nut Biscotti
Chocolate Cut Out Cookies
Just swipe to see more like this.