Buttertart Squares125 Reviews
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 40 min
- Ready In: 55 min
“Taste just like butter tarts, minus the tart shell. Very easy to make and delicious!” - by Cheryl
Original recipe yields 1 - 9x9 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in preheated oven. Crust should not be fully cooked.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and remaining brown sugar. Combine the oats, salt, and baking powder; stir into the egg mixture along with the vanilla. Mix in raisins and coconut, if desired. Spread the mixture evenly over the partially baked crumb layer in pan.
- Bake 20 minutes more. Cool, and cut into squares.
Amount Per Serving (24 total)
- 136 cal
- 4.6 g
- 22.9 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (125)Rate This Recipe
"I'm not even a huge butter tart fan, but these squares are unbelievably good. I followed the recipe exactly (including the optional ingredients) - except I doubled it and used a 9 by 13 pan (did not n..." See moreeed to adjust baking time at all). To the reviewer who said their crust was crumbly, the only thing I can think of was that they didn't work the butter in enough with a pastry blender. My crust was perfect. As another reviewer suggested, I refrigerated it first before cutting. I also stored it in the fridge to keep the squares firm. The only negative thing I could possibly say about this recipe is that it's so addictive, it's almost impossible not to overindulge."
"Pretty good... I had to make a few adjustments though. 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar was too much for me, so I added 1 cup instead. I didn't think the coconut flakes was a good idea but I used it anywa..." See moreys. I was suprised that I couldn't even taste it. I also added in a handful of chopped walnuts. That really helps."
Yum Yum Squares
Just swipe to see more like this.