Food for the Gods45 Reviews
“You'll feel closer to heaven upon tasting this cookie. Makes great giveaways.” - by Cookie de Guzman
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease and line a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Combine first 4 ingredients. Take 1/2 cup of flour mixture and dredge the dates.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after every addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Add dates and walnuts and stir until completely combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) and bake for 30-40 minutes or until done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes and cut into bars. Wrap individually with foil or colored cellophane wrap.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 289 cal
- 15.4 g
- 36.8 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (45)Rate This Recipe
"I received rave reviews when I served this at my recent bunco party. My only suggestion would be to reduce the amount of butter by 3 or 4 TBS, or add a bit more flour because it was a bit oily after b..." See moreaking."
"GREAT!!!Best recipe I've ever tried.Just have to cut down butter to 3/4c and both sugars to 3/4c also.My 2 sons loved it and ate half of the cake before I can wrapped them individually.Thanks so much ..." See morefor sharing this recipe.Will definitely make it again!"
Food For The Gods II
Devil's Food Cake I
Just swipe to see more like this.