Gumdrop Bars7 Reviews
“Great bar cookie.” - by Rosemarie Magee
Original recipe yields 3 dozen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sift dry ingredients and set aside
- Beat eggs in large bowl until foamy.
- Beat in sugar gradually.
- Add vanilla.
- Blend in sifted dry ingredients.
- Mix in gumdrops and walnuts.
- Pour into pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into bars while still warm.
Amount Per Serving (18 total)
- 181 cal
- 4.4 g
- 32.6 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (7)Rate This Recipe
"I really enjoyed these bars. In previous reviews, there are complaints that they are too dry. I substituted the white sugare for 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar. White sugar tends to give foods a crispi..." See moreer, sandier finish. My bars turned out great!"
"I made the first batch exactly following the recipe and the bars turned out rather dry, although I liked the flavor. The second batch was identical except that I substituted half of the sugar with an ..." See moreequal quantity of unsweetened apple sauce, as per the suggestion from LMCBSOP. Now they're perfect. I agree; this one's a keeper."
"I really enjoyed this recipe- especially the fact that it had no added fat, and was nice and light- a good balance to the density of the gumdrops. I found the bars dried out very fast, and they were ..." See morea little on the sweet side. You might try replacing one of the eggs and some of the sugar with some applesauce, for a moister, more flavorfully sweet bar. But overall, this recipe is definitely a keeper!"
Cherry Coconut Bars
Just swipe to see more like this.