Springerle II2 Reviews
“You will need a springerle rolling pin (imprinted with different designs) for these cookies.” - by Ingrid
Original recipe yields 6 dozen
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar ( approx. 15 minutes) This is important, do not underbeat.
- Fold in extract and flour.
- Roll dough out on lightly floured surface to about 3/8 inch. Use rolling pin to firmly "imprint" the design onto dough.
- Cut cookies apart and on greased baking sheet, sprinkle with anise seeds. Let cookies sit out overnight, covered, to "dry".
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place cookies into oven and reduce temp to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Bake until light yellow only, approx. 15 minutes. They are not supposed to get brown!
- These cookies are a hard cookie, need to be stored for at least 2-3 weeks. You can add a slice of apple to "soften" back up or a slice of bread works, too. Replace bread or apple every 2-3 days.
Amount Per Serving (36 total)
- 117 cal
- 0.8 g
- 25.3 g
Based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Reviews (2)Rate This Recipe
"This is the same recipe that was given tome by my mother in law, along with her Springerle rolling pin. I have to make these every Christmas for my husband and grown kids. When the kids were in high s..." See morechool, they liked to take these cookies on band trips because they weren't asked to share them!"
Just swipe to see more like this.